Flat view
kcinesser
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Panasonic 20mm on EM5
6 months ago

Hi guys,

First post here, so be gentle!

So I just purchased my EM5 (loving it!) and decided micro 4/3 suits me best after owning a few Nikon DSLRs over the years, and would like to start investing in some glass.

I got the camera with the 12-50 kit lens, and I got a great deal on the Olympus 45mm. I'm in love with the 45 right now, but I'd like to get something a little wider for landscapes/street/walk around purposes.

So far, I've been leaning towards the Olympus 17mm for the metal build and 35mm equiv., but I've heard a lot of good things about the Panasonic 20mm and that it's a tiny bit sharper, and about $100 less.

However, I'm apprehensive about the Panasonic. I can live with losing a tiny bit in focal length, the metal body of the Olympus, and AF speed, but I've heard it has issues with banding on Olympus bodies, and since I would primarily be using it low light, is kind of an issue for me.

I have heard Olympus was planning some firmware updates to fix it, but I can't seem to find any news about it since this time last year.

So I guess my question is: Does the Panasonic still have large banding issues on an EM5? Or should I just spend an extra hundred bucks for the build quality, auto foucus, and extra bit of width of the Oly 17mm?

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow