herbymel
Senior MemberPosts: 3,433
Like?
Re: Really?
In reply to jimoyer, 6 months ago

jimoyer wrote:

Tbolt47 wrote:

jimoyer wrote:

And further, it allows you to see what is about to enter your frame and focal points prior to it entering allowing you to better anticipate action as it approaches.

I don't see your point here - if you were shooting un-cropped the pictures would be the same but with more around the edges of you or subject and surely you are less likely to accidentally crop part of your subject out of the picture if using the full frame. So to me shooting un-cropped is better (unless you really need the buffer room) as your are more likely to get a better framed shot after cropping in PP.

If you're shooting using the full DX sensor, what do you see outside the sensor/viewfinder? Nothing. That can make it difficult to time action shots prior to their entering your viewfinder/sensor.

Shooting in 1.3x crop, you have the remaining DX viewfinder, outside the crop viewfinder (see Mako's Sharpie) that is still visible to you unlike the full DX viewfinder in DX mode. So you can see what is about to enter your viewfinder using 1.3x crop that would be completely occluded using the DX viewfinder just prior to entering.

I think it's a bit of a overstating the importance of having the crop lines and remaining DX viewfinder, the amount of space you have and the time you need to react to it isn't going to amount to that much of a difference if you'd left it on or off. The little bit of space that you have isn't going to change a whole lot of what you have to shoot with.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow