How are mirrorless/m43 for learning photography and which one?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adyingwren
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
How are mirrorless/m43 for learning photography and which one?
8 months ago

Hi, I'm more or less completely new to photography coming from compacts and phone cameras and would like to learn it at least to a casual level. I was thinking the smaller mirrorless/m43 cameras would be ideal as it'd be easy to bring them around and it seems like their capabilities will far outstrip mine for a while.

However, I'm sort of concerned they aren't "ideal" per se to learn how to frame and adjust settings because of their general lack of viewfinders and difficulty in accessing manual controls.

Should I be looking into an entry-level dslr instead? If mirrorless/m43 is fine, are there any particular ones that are recommended? I was looking into the Canon EOS M (apparently with improved AF), Panasonic E-PL6/EPM2, or Fujifilm X-M1. My budget is about $800 and I'd like to maybe get some lenses in there as well. Buying second hand isn't an option here for me unfortunately.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow