How are mirrorless/m43 for learning photography and which one?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adyingwren
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
How are mirrorless/m43 for learning photography and which one?
11 months ago

Hi, I'm more or less completely new to photography coming from compacts and phone cameras and would like to learn it at least to a casual level. I was thinking the smaller mirrorless/m43 cameras would be ideal as it'd be easy to bring them around and it seems like their capabilities will far outstrip mine for a while.

However, I'm sort of concerned they aren't "ideal" per se to learn how to frame and adjust settings because of their general lack of viewfinders and difficulty in accessing manual controls.

Should I be looking into an entry-level dslr instead? If mirrorless/m43 is fine, are there any particular ones that are recommended? I was looking into the Canon EOS M (apparently with improved AF), Panasonic E-PL6/EPM2, or Fujifilm X-M1. My budget is about $800 and I'd like to maybe get some lenses in there as well. Buying second hand isn't an option here for me unfortunately.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow