Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveS58
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Canon 6D vs. Olympus OMD-EM1
7 months ago

I'm a long time Olympus four thirds user seeking some canon advice.  I currently own an Olympus four thirds E-30 with some very nice lenses: 14-54mm, 50mm, 50-200mm, and 9-18mm.  I shoot a wide range of subjects including street photography, portraits, landscapes, etc..  A photography teacher has been encouraging me to go full frame to take advantage of the extra resolution as I print 13 x 19 and would like to sometimes print larger.  I've been having a hard time deciding what to do as I have an investment in the Olympus system, but from what I read using four thirds lenses on an M4/3 camera like the OMD EM-1 is not optimal given slower AF.  So I wondered what Canon users of the 6D thought about the benefits of full frame in quality of results compared to Olympus four thirds and in terms of making large prints.  Is it time to bite the bullet and go FF?

Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow