Nikon DF, the ultimate in shallow posturing?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,536
Like?
Re: To address the whiners in this thread.
In reply to ApertureAcolyte, 8 months ago

ApertureAcolyte wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

ApertureAcolyte wrote:

This camera in my opinion, is a total disappointment to the potential of what it could have been; a digital camera that had optimised for manual focus lenses.

This was the potential of the camera, and Nikon blew their chances on making something truly special here.

They don't want that, because it won't sell as many new lenses...you see....

Focusing manually is overrated.

OK, focusing my manual lenses is overrated, so I suppose according to you, I will just take photos without focusing my lenses?

Yeah, I manually focused all of my shots when shooting slides with my Spotmatic II back in the day but welcomed the advent of autofocus. I never manually focus these days.

I imagine Nikon's thinking went something like this: a very very very small percentage of photogs will scream and whine if we don't optimize the Df for manual focus lenses but let them scream and whine on DPR, what do we care? Ya know, a large successful company making a smart business decision.

The smart business decision was making a poser's camera? Sure, see Leica as per status symbol and its overpricing strategy.

LOL.  Just keeping talkin' stuff, that's what you're good at.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow