Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,963
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to Graham Hill, 10 months ago

Graham Hill wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

It's a very odd market the one where even eos-m sold better than fuji x, which is imo the best mirrorless system to date.

Sometimes it's just the way products are perceived. I have many friends that would buy a canon 70d over a fuji x-e2 just because they think the former is 'pro' and the latter is a step up from 'p&s'.

And, believe me, most customers think this way alas.

That's what I wrote in a previous post: Fujifilm has to have the whole package. They have some of the finest cameras in the market, but they have to market them and distribute them as well as, or even better, than Canon and Nikon.

It is in these last two areas that Fujifilm sadly falls down hard at.

It's tough to just increase marketing and distribution proactively. Suppose Chevrolet unveils a new small car; whether it's great or only middling, barring a total lemon (like the Vega ) it is going to be reasonably successful or even better. A smaller brand with 10% as many dealers may have a better car but it's just not going to do as well because of what can be afforded for advertising and how many outlets it will be available at.

It's not Fuji's fault, it's just the way things are when you're a smaller player.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow