Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KayInKona
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Suggestions/Opinions for Lenses: 5D Mark II
11 months ago

Hello everyone. I'm "new" here. Have spent the last two years lurking but at last this is my first post here. I started with a T3i two years ago and have enjoyed it's compact size during my "learning curve" period. Mid 2013 I upgraded to a 5D Mark II but have not yet used it since I only had EF-S lenses.

Well, I finally sprung for several lenses. I fully realize I won't be using any of these lenses specifically 100% of the time however, my primary goal was to invest the money to acquire quality lenses that would cover a decent range. My secondary goal was to acquire a choice of lens types that would enable me to capitalize on the wide variety of photographic opportunities in my location of Kona, Hawaii.  And finally my third agenda was to attempt to get a group of lenses that might allow me to be "set" for awhile before I really need to buy any more lenses.

The lens gear I acquired is as follows:

1. Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM

2. Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L Super wide USM

3. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Prime Lens

4. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

5. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II Tele zoom USM

6. Canon 2x EF Extender III

Hopefully I made decent choices here.  I realize that some may feel this is underkill while others may think it's overkill.   Nontheless, I'd love to hear your opinions and any suggestions of lenses you think I should consider.

Aloha & Happy New Year to all!

KayInKona's gear list:KayInKona's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow