The future for Fuji cameras

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,092
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to MostlyUnoriginal, 6 months ago

MostlyUnoriginal wrote:

The thing is, there's nothing I can do to make Fuji profitable other than tell anyone who's interested that I love my Fuji, that the lenses are epic, that it's intuitive and gets out of my way when I'm using it, and that it really helps make my photos better.

That's about all you could ask. No wonder you're pleased with it.

These threads about the possible demise of the x cams and how Fuji isn't selling enough units make me second-guess my decision to buy into the system in a knee-jerk sort of way, but then I sit back and realize that I'm taking more pictures (and more pictures I'm really pleased with) than ever before and that's largely a result of the points above.

I'm not sure why people keep starting threads about 'is Fuji getting out of cameras', 'is Olympus getting out of cameras', 'is this the end of the Sony NEX series', 'mirrorless are doing poorly everywhere but Japan', and the ever-popular 'DSLR's are dying'.

Sometimes it seems the #2 hobby in these forums is 'hand wringing'. If horse racing worked the same way, the winner would be the guy whose horse died last.

If fuji cans the x series, well, that would suck, and it would be a damn shame, but I would survive. In the meantime, I'm going to keep taking photos and loving the camera I'm taking them with, and I'm going to stop clicking on these threads.

Don't let the doom and gloomers keep you from enjoying your camera. You probably enjoy yours more than they do theirs anyhow. Keep right on.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow