Shutter Shock a myth

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tesilab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,992Gear list
Like?
Re: Your examples are nowhere near sharp in my book
In reply to cosmonaut, 11 months ago

cosmonaut wrote:

ISO 50 and 8 sec exposure. I have no issues with tripod shots either. EA-LA-4 and 24-70mm. I got several exposures of this and everyone tack sharp.

You don't seem to be paying attention to the real issue. Your two proofs are totally beside the point for opposite reasons:

Both your fast and your exposures are completely outside the range where shutter shock occurs. It's a non-issue if it is fast enough, and for a slow enough exposure almost all the light recorded by the sensor is coming from after the camera has ceased vibrating from the shock.

Of course this issue doesn't affect everybody. If it did Sony would never have released it. The real question is whether some users, given the way they tend to use a camera are likely to affected by this issue, and the answer to that is yes. Some users will.

tesilab's gear list:tesilab's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow