Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,719Gear list
Like?
P7800 speed
6 months ago

Yes, I know, this has been discussed here.

But my question if for those who owned the P7100 and the P7800.

I'd like to know if the P7800 is slower than the P7100, when you use RAW, because I shoot raw only.

I have a P7100. I don't find it too slow. It's not a speed demon, but for travel, it is very convenient, as it is (just) pocketable. When I need speed, I use my V1.

I've read the very useful advices from Osvaldo, Ben, Richardrap and others (forgive me if I can't recall your name).

The P7800 is tempting, because I'm a VF guy, and the P7100 OVF is not really usable if you want to know what you're doing.

Add the faster lens and the supposed better sensor, and the P7800 is really appealing.

I konw the G16 is excellent too, and faster, but I won't buy a camera with no VF or almost unusable OVF, like the G16.

Thanks for your advices.

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Canon PowerShot G16 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon Coolpix P7800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow