Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
artlmntl
Contributing MemberPosts: 878
Like?
Re: STOP PLEASE.. why this reaction in such fashion?
In reply to dlkeller, 8 months ago

dlkeller wrote:

I have agreed and appreciated you past comments KE, but beg to differ on this matter. You seem to have a lot of disposable income to spend on cameras considering what you have stated as to cameras you own. Many of us aren't as fortunate and are pretty much "stuck" or "captive". I've seriously considered jumping to Nikon and yesterday spent some time looking at the cost. The "refurbished" 7000 for $639 seemed a very good starting point, then I started looking at replacement for some of my old lenses, Minolta 50mm Macro, 50mm 1.7 and Beercan alone would be very expensive to replace, even on a trade in basis. In this sense I really am a "captive" to Sony's whims which I probably will stick with unless it become totally unbearable. NEX cameras with adaptors just don't seem like a vey good solution to me for many of the reasons you, yourself, pointed out so I'm in a holding pattern waiting for bodies I like, prices to drop, and Sony to demonstrate more commitment to the A mount than they have recently.

-- hide signature --

Dave

I poked on ebay for two minutes and found, to my surprise, a nikkor 70-210 f4 zoom lens. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Nikkor-AF-70-210mm-f4-Lens-70-210-Zoom-Lens-RARE-Near-Nint/221347061144

Is it as good as the beercan? I don't know. I'm no Nikon expert. But I do know F mount is a lot older than A mount and Nikon has historically been a bigger camera brand than both Minolta or Sony. So, it would not surprise me to find that you could replace all your old Minolta glass with old Nikon glass, and the price difference may be quite small.

As an added bonus, you could also get hard-to-find-for-Sony lenses like the Sigma 50-150 for a reasonable price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sigma-AF-APO-DC-HSM-50-150mm-F2-8-Lens-50-105-2-8-Nikon-Digital-w-Hood-NICE-526-/141045891182

I agree with KEH. It's just cameras. If you don't like what you've got, sell it and get something else.

-- hide signature --

Hunter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow