Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nonuniform
Regular MemberPosts: 434
Like?
A7 - slow shot to shot
8 months ago

I rented the A7 for a week to get a feel for the pros/cons. I used my Leica M-mount glass with a Fotodiox adapter.

Overall, it was a great experience, with a big giant BUT that prevents me from wanting to use this camera on a regular basis. From *my* experiences:

Focus peaking is good, sometimes better, sometimes worse for focusing than my M6.

Low light experience was fine, not as good as a D4, but I was able to create useful images in the dark on the streets of Manhattan.

Controls in full manual mode were intuitive and easy to use, really no complaints there. I used it like my M6, which is what I was hoping for.

The one big complaint is the slow image processing after each shot. That extra second is the difference between capturing a moment and missing it, especially when shooting portraits. I'm quick with a Leica, even faster with a DSLR, but, the loooooonnggggg waits between images was a killer. It's enough that for what I shoot, the camera is not ready for primetime. Glad I only rented it.

Nikon D4 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow