Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Fuji, and a new CCD
7 months ago

How many here would buy a brand new camera, whether is big or small, with a 16MP CCD sensor, with the same or similar technology with the two photodiodes at each photosite, as the S5?

I mean, is it IMPOSSIBLE for fuji to create such a camera?? I mean, they already have the damn specs, schematics, and know how to make that thing work correctly, so why not redo it. The fact is that even if we are in 2014, image quality (in my opinion) has gone down significantly, for shooting portraits that is. I have seen pictures of birds and many objects from a 24MP sensor, and the picture quality is beautiful and detailed, but for skin tones, that is a WHOLE different story! Why, i have no idea, but it sure is pretty darn disappointing.

The point is that fuji KNOWS how to do this, so why don't they do it again? Is it so difficult to purchase a CCD sensor from someone, or have fuji make it themselves at this point in time? Personally, i think that an inicial expense for fuji would be an INVESTMENT in the end, and a very damn good one. Or is it that they just simply consider this type of technology "OLD" and useless?

Even if the damn thing only gave me a maximum of 3200 ISO i would still be VERY happy with that kind of resolution.

I would definitely buy new CCD camera, 100% garanteed!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IsoNew
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow