16-50mm f/2-2.8, or why my A7 might not be kept...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,116Gear list
Like?
16-50mm f/2-2.8, or why my A7 might not be kept...
6 months ago

I bought an A7 hoping it could replace my A99 and my Samsung NX300 kit, and the A7 is a very good camera, but even with the LAEA4 adapter I found it was not a suitable replacement for my A99, primarily because the lack of AF illuminator support with the LAEA4 adapter, so it still doesn't focus well in low light.

The new 16-50mm f/2 to 2.8 looks relatively small, and more than equivalent to even a 24-70 mm f/4 that will be available for A7, and the NX30 looks amazing.

GAH, I should have waited with the A7, but was enamored by the full frame appeal. Again, the A7 is a great camera, but the 2 lenses are about $1000 each, and if it won't work for eliminating my A99 anyway...

I am going to wait on NX30 until I see what the buffer looks like, as that is a problem for me on the NX300 in some cases.

All the Samsung naysayers can go away now, Samsung looks serious about pro level SLR like cameras for NX system with direct controls.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Samsung NX30 Samsung NX300 Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow