Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PLAMBERT
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Digilux 3
6 months ago

Just bought a 2006 Digilux 3 and updated the firmware without problems. I walked alongside the Thames from Richmond upriver on a sunny day with lots of interesting sights on the river. I was amazed at the beautiful pictures the camera produced. I use Raw and polish up the results in Pshop Elements 10. The kit lens is a sharp Leica 14-50mm f2.8 zoom equivalent to 28-100mm. You view the image through a somewhat dim reflex viewfinder or live view on the rear screen, which I used to get a very sharp picture of a small plant using a Vivitar 50mm macro lens, OM2 mount + 4/3 adapter ring. Maximum enlargement soon gets limited by pixillation.

The camera is bulky (after micro four thirds), so is the Leica zoom- the combined weight is similar to my D50 and long zoom; build quality seems better.Lots of manual control.

The flash pops up to the bounce flash position or beyond for direct flash. I have difficulty actually getting the flash to light so need to read the pdf manual again.

Just bought an 11-22mm Olympus zoom for architecture; sharp, lacks antishake or aperture ring. Phil

PLAMBERT's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Leica Digilux 3 Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow