ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chrismosk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,804Gear list
Like?
A7R Raw Files?
11 months ago

Hello folks,

I'm a newish Sony guy.  Coming from over a decade on Canon (still my main system).  A few months back I purchased an RX1R and was blown away with the IQ and quality of the raw files.  Since then I have purchased an A7R and the 55 1.8 (also the metabones adapter for my L glass).  I haven't really done controlled testing, but I am noticing the files in LR to not have the quality of the RX1R files.  The detail seems to be mushy in comparison, kind of blotchy.  What also is obvious is the noise compared to the RX1R which may be expected.  Basically the RX1R has much better ISO response.  My thought however is that LR could be damaged or not rendering the A7R files properly.  If anyone has both cameras and LR, do you have any feedback.  I'm shooting RAW with all DR/NR off etc.

-- hide signature --
 chrismosk's gear list:chrismosk's gear list
Sony RX1R Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EOS 7D Mark II +14 more
Sony Alpha 7R Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow