Shutter Shock a myth

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Nigel Wilkins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock a myth
In reply to cosmonaut, 9 months ago

cosmonaut wrote:

Well I tend to agree about moving on but still I seen others not buy into this system due to the myth. It's sad a system can get a bad rap so quickly over nothing. If I was a Sony engineer I would be banging my head against the wall.

It's a good job you're not a Sony engineer!

Sure its more difficult to get sharp images but it has nothing to do with shutter shock. I think we have all become so spoiled to IS as other features we have forgotten how to take pictures. When you are dealing with a camera this small and put a big lens on it with no IS it takes a little work to get a crisp picture.

As I said earlier, what if I want to use 1/100 sec on a tripod to show limited movement? Avoiding that shutter speed really isn't the answer, especially when it could be avoided with simple firmware changes.  I could add weight to the camera, but that kind of defeats the point of having a light weight camera in the first place.

But I see no failures on the cameras part. When I miss focus it my fault and not a moving sensor or a slapping shutter. I think the myth is from the loud shutter sound.

Others see it (& have clearly shown it).  Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

-- hide signature --

nigelwilkinsphotography.com
Everything to do with the art of photography is a guideline. The only rules are generally enforced by the police.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow