Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Waynerm002
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
Re: Idiot question alert - 52 focus points
In reply to paul2009, 7 months ago

paul2009 wrote:

SergioSpain wrote:

Why are you trying to teach yourself to shoot in manual? What do you think you can achieve in manual that you can't achieve in one of the automatic modes in combination with exposure compensation and the various metering modes?

THANK you that is very useful. To answer your first point: I am hoping that by laboriously forcing myself to shoot in manual mode that I will gradually be forced to learn more about light and photography. I may not succeed but that is what i am trying to do!

Paul

There are many videos on the web which explains how exposure works. You can watch some to gain some knowledge and practice on your own until you become proficient.  You can let the camera do the focusing or you can do it on your own.  The way I was thought in the old days is the use the center area to focus then recompose the shot.  As you begin to gain experience and know your equipment better, you can move on to using the additional focus points.  Keep practicing and it will become second nature in time.

Waynerm002's gear list:Waynerm002's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow