Idiot question alert - 52 focus points

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
SergioSpain
Regular MemberPosts: 436Gear list
Like?
Re: Idiot question alert - 52 focus points
In reply to Rservello, 9 months ago

Rservello wrote:

Why are you trying to teach yourself to shoot in manual? What do you think you can achieve in manual that you can't achieve in one of the automatic modes in combination with exposure compensation and the various metering modes?

But to answer your question, metering still matters if you're shooting in manual, just like focus. Even when you shoot manual you're still using the camera's meter to determine the proper exposure and then slightly varying aperture, shutter or something else to achieve a desired effect.

Is this a serious question???? I learned on a Pentax with NOTHING auto. Once you learn to actually use a camera you will never use auto anything. I don't even like auto ISO, since I know what each setting actually does to my photos!

wow, what a snobbish reply. So since I shoot in auto (and yes, that includes auto-ISO), that means I don't have a clue what each setting does, right? Why don't you go ahead and tell me what you can do in manual that you can't do in auto.

SergioSpain's gear list:SergioSpain's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow