Shutter Shock a myth

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Nigel Wilkins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock a myth
In reply to cosmonaut, 9 months ago

cosmonaut wrote:

I have been using the a7R, EA-LA4, 70-400mm combo and also the 70-300mm and I am getting really detailed and sharp images. The only thing is you have to go by the old rule when shooting with a zoom. Your shutter speed has to be as high as the focal length. Ect. at 300mm you need to be 1/300th or faster. This images are typical of what I am seeing.

I go back to what I said before if the sensor doesn't move like with the in body IS cameras it's just a matter of getting the camera steady and using a high enough shutter speed.

I sold my E-M1 because of the low amount of keepers I was getting. I can push the ISO so much higher on the a7R there is seldom need of IS.

And what if I want to shoot at 1/100 sec on a tripod for effect?  For example, to get a helicopters rotors blurred while keeping the background & people sharp?

-- hide signature --

nigelwilkinsphotography.com
Everything to do with the art of photography is a guideline. The only rules are generally enforced by the police.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow