ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thd76
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Pulling shadows - D800 vs D610
11 months ago

Hi everyone,

perhaps the difference most noticable for me between the D800 and Canon's FF-models is the amazing dynamic range of the D800, especially the possibility to pull the shadows in RAW-files. If you look for it, you can see the difference in files between the D800 and let's say the 5DIII. When I rented a D800, I was simply amazed about this when working with Lightroom. Sometimes, I could pull shadows for about 2 or 3 stops without any quality loss. It's like HDR with only one frame taken.

Since 36Mpix probably are too much for my needs and I would prefer a slightly smaller body, I am thinking of buying a D610 and am wondering, if the D610 also has this fantastic DR and ability to pull the shadows in comparison with the D800 or if the differnce between it and let's say a Canon 6D is not so dramatic in these points?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nikon D610 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow