Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
australopithecus
Contributing MemberPosts: 513Gear list
Like?
K50 with legacy lenses
6 months ago

I know that all of Pentax's DSLRs from the 1stD to today's K50 & K500 will take Pentax M & A series "legacy" lenses and will even, with an adaptor, accept Takumar screw-mount lenses.

Has anyone used some of these lenses on the newer Pentax DSLR bodies (especially those with a focus-peaking function).  If so a couple of questions:

• We hear that older glass is not "tuned", "adapted" to/for digital photography, yet I've used several Pentax legacy lenses on my micro four-thirds Panasonic G1 body, with an adaptor with reasonable results.  I would presume that the K-Mount legacy lenses would perform pretty well on the newer Pentax DSLR bodies ?
  • How effective IS focus-peaking as one has to manually focus older glass ? I am aware that many of us used manual (focussing) lenses in the past, but for ageing eyes any form of assistance would be welcome !
-- hide signature --

Dave

australopithecus's gear list:australopithecus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
ANSWER:
Pentax K-50 Pentax K-500 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow