Stu 5
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock a myth
In reply to S3ZAi, 9 months ago

S3ZAi wrote:

Stu 5 wrote:

S3ZAi wrote:

The gist of the shutter shock myth is that *IF* you go look for it, you will find it. If you don't go look for it, you will probably never encounter it. If you encounter it, all you have to do is choose a different shutter speed, which is very well doable with the high-iso capability of the A7r. I think that was what the op already said in his words.

You don't need to go looking for it to see it, as it is viewable at a lot less than 100%. Some people can't see it but some of those same people claim a photo is pin sharp when it is not either. Not that easy if it effects a number of shutter speeds and it waste time having to select new ISO values if you are in the middle of a shoot and you need to avoid certain shutter speeds. That wasted time could be losing you photos and if your a pro, money.

I didn't mean if you go look for it in the photos, I meant if you try to shoot photos with shutter shock effect visible. It only occurs under very very specific situations. Yes, once it's there, obviously it's visible. But as many many many user reports have proven: under normal usage you won't encounter it. Normal here meaning: 1- don't use lenses with IS from another brand, if you have to, disable IS. 2- Always shoot at more than 1/f 3- Don't be an ass about it.

You are only talking about lenses that have I.S. So what about all the telephoto lenses that the same problem has been reported with, that do not have I.S in the first place?

People insisting there is more to it than this are the people who went looking for it and thought they had found some dealbreaking issue, which it is not, by far.

It might not be deal breaking to you but it is to other people.

Which "other" people are you referring to, the people you are imagining?

All the people that have been reporting on websites they are having the problem.

-- hide signature --

Sezai E., philosophy buff, bibliophile and creative photographer
Cheers!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow