The future for Fuji cameras

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
John Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,959Gear list
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to wyldberi, 3 months ago

wyldberi wrote:

And where is the technology leading us? The biggest thing I can think of is that organic sensor development Fuji is engaged in. What's going to happen to "full frame" digital behemoths, when a new APS-C format sensor comes along with double or triple the resolution of present day pixel designs?

I think this is what lies in store for the high quality image segment of the camera market. Fuji's poised to integrate the new organic X Trans Warp sensor into its X Camera bodies. While Nikon and Canon will be left trying to explain why the public needs such a large heavy body and large heavy lenses to take pictures that don't match the quality of the smaller organic sensor cameras. OR, they'll be trying to explain why their new "full frame" organic sensors are needed in order to produce those lovely images from the 10-Gigabyte image files that take 3.2 hours to process in LightRoom 12.3.

I have just been deciding between a Fuji X-E2 and a Sony A7. One of the things that made me go for the X-E2 is precisely this line of reasoning.

Sensors are going to get better more quickly than (good quality) lenses are going to get smaller. In a small number of years, the IQ case for full frame is going to be hard to make. When the sensor improvements come, I will hang on to my Fuji lenses, upgrade the body, and things should be great.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow