Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
wisep01
Contributing MemberPosts: 913
Like?
Re: A Corrected Image
In reply to Robin Casady, 6 months ago

Robin Casady wrote:

wisep01 wrote:

In case the OP's wondering, the tool by DXO that you reference is DXO Perspective. It's a neat little tool that does what you describe. I've found that sometimes when I correct the verticals, the buildings end up looking a bit too stretchy at the top, and am not entirely sure how to reduce this. Would appreciate anyone's input on this.

You simply need to narrow the top of the image. I don't know what tools DXO has, but you need something that transforms the image from a rectangle to a trapezoid that is narrow at the top and wide at the bottom.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

I thought I would illustrate what I mean. Yesterday, Gizmodo posted an ultra-wide angle image of something on its homepage. As you might expect, it had the kind of distortion we see in the Princeton images, except on a grander scale. So, I took it into photoshop lens corrections. The before and after are below, but is it just me or does the upper half of the corrected image look distorted, as in too stretched. And mind you--the verticals still aren't "vertical"--when I attempted to make them fully vertical, the upper half seemed to approach infinity on the y-axis.

Before

After

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow