Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
kartikjayaraman
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?
In reply to jjcpa, 7 months ago

jjcpa wrote:

A99 is selling at $2000 in a store here in Canada. I am still hesitating to get it or not. It has in-body stabilizer and tilt LCD which I need. I am using 5DII now.

This is a good example of a person for whom this decision is quite big - (moving from Canon to Sony or new to Sony). On one end Sony is launching more E mount lenses (I believe Sony knows the A7/A7r doesn't have IBIS so they will include it in all the new FF lE enses) and on the other end is the A99 with a lot of existing lenses but native A mount support and no E mount support.

I think (but not sure) that E mount cameras like the A7/A7r and newer can use all A mount lenses but the newer E mount lenses cannot be used on the A mount cameras. So its a big decision, investment wise for people like jjcpa and probably me as I am planning to upgrade after many years. And the writing is on the wall that Sony is investing to churn out more E mount lenses from both itself and 3rd parties. There was actually a pre-order E mount Carl Zeiss 24-70 FF lens selling on eBay for less price than the A mount

-- hide signature --
 kartikjayaraman's gear list:kartikjayaraman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow