Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,902Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?
In reply to kartikjayaraman, 8 months ago

kartikjayaraman wrote:

I am referring to using the native E mount lenses only. Here are the scores by DXOMark: I think the A7 and A7r are ahead in every "core" area, especially the low light score:

DXOMark scores

I am not sure what qualifies as a "professional camera" - I am not a professional, but I see a professional camera is one that can provide best value (cleanest image) to a client, help the photographer to shoot in challenging lighting conditions and by creating image quality which requires less editing so the photographer can get more work done, provide weather sealing etc...which is mostly there in the A7 and the E mount line. (Existing) Lens selection is definitely a factor and I completely agree with the advantage that A99 has (I mentioned it in my thread).

-- hide signature --

PLEASE Note the total Sensor rating for A7R and A99 are statically the same.. 89 to 90

The ISO number looks big until you realize ISO DOUBLES each step.. so that is only 1/2 stop.. basically the cost of the fulltime SLT on the A99 and if you added the $400 SLT adapter to the A7 it probably scores the same.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow