ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stoppingdown
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
Yet another round of NEX-6 + SEL1670Z (full size) samples
9 months ago

Hi there.

I've recently bought a SEL1670Z and made a couple of quick sessions of landscape testing (full size images included). I've been evaluating the Sony mirrorless system for two months and I think I've read all the existing reviews of the SEL1670Z linked by Google in the first ten pages of results (including the discussions here), so I'm aware of the "border softness" topic.

I've taken care of including focused details at least in one of the borders. I'm happily sharing this so maybe I can help others who are still seeking for examples before deciding to buy that lens. In change I'd like to hear your genuine opinions on the border quality in my samples, to understand whether my evaluation is agreeable.

Even though this is my first post I've been lurking at dpreview for years and I'm aware of some hint of fanboyism here and there in forums Please don't: I don't have any intention to promote or bash anything; I'm just evaluating a partial switch to a mirrorless system (mostly because of weight) and I'd like to understand the quality of the things I'm buying. Thanks for your understanding.

PS My website has been dimensioned for a handful of people accessing it (typically some friends of mine); never tested for heavy loads. It could experience some fatigue if many of you navigate through it at the same time. Thanks for your patience.

-- hide signature --

Fabrizio Giudici

stoppingdown's gear list:stoppingdown's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +9 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow