Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dessert First
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Olympus E-M1 sleep mode
11 months ago

Just a few days ago I received my Olympus E-M1 and have been running it through it's paces. Today I did a walk-around in a local park snapping all sorts of photos. As I did so, I was expecting the camera to go into sleep mode after a minute of inactivity, but it did not do so. This concerns me because I often leave my other camera (a Canon) turned on most of the time when I'm walking around looking for things to shoot. When I got home I verified that the menuu setting for sleep mode was set to one minute. I noted that if I simply set the camera onto a desk, it does sleep after a minute, but yet when I'm holding it it does not (even though I'm not playing with any buttons or anything). Since this is my first Olympus camera, I have no experience as to what is typical. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Could it be that holding the camera close to my chest while I walk constitutes "activity" that keeps the camera from sleeping?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow