No doubt the most basic of questions for this forum ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,986Gear list
Like?
No doubt the most basic of questions for this forum ...
11 months ago

But please bear with me.  As the only person in my immediate circle with a DSLR at all, I get asked all the questions, and I've been presented with "what's the difference between a Canon 5D and a Canon 6D?" by someone who knows someone who is thinking of going FF.  A quick look at the listings at B+H gives me the mouthy answer of "quite a bit of money", and also a large pile of specs to compare.

But I'm looking for a more humane answer-- what are the comparative purposes of these camera bodies, and what kind of photographer are they aimed at?  Please be patient with someone who is not by nature a Canon person.  Though I do know someone who has an older, earlier generation 5D, and I admire it very much ... if he ever decides he wants one of the new ones I might find myself a Canon person after all.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow