Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
success100
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
Another Wedding Video
9 months ago

I thought i'd share one of my recent wedding videos since the last one I posted you guys really seemed to enjoy. You are welcome to comment and critique as it is not perfect (I know what things I could and should have done better already), but the couple was extremely pleased with the finished product. They also receive a separate DVD with the entire ceremony and dances.

I filmed this with a77 and Sigma 24-70 f2.8 lens, a shotgun mic (do not have the money for lavalier mics yet), and a coldshoe mounted LED panel for the reception when lighting was not adequate.

https://vimeo.com/82844424

Music credit goes to Josh Groban and also Rihanna. We discussed legalities of using copyrighted music with the last video but for the purpose where the couple just wants nice music this is such a small scale operation I don't make a huge deal about it.

I love the a77 for video, but This 1600iso limit is killing me! I don't drop below 1/60 shutter speed and I have a sigma 50 f1.4 but that aperture is useless when you need DOF. I wish the a77 could at least go to 3200iso but again, I discussed that in a separate thread already.

I did not have my shoulder rig as It broke before the wedding, so I shot the entire wedding handheld but didn't turn on stabilization as it compromises video quality IMO.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow