Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stein1010
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
When I returned the X-e2
3 months ago

I had the X-E2 for about 3 weeks and really wanted to like this camera, but in the end I decided this is not the camera for everyone one.  During this time I was able to some really great photos, but I also found myself missing a lot as well.  In the end, I have decided this camera is great for someone who wants to frame and focus check every shot.  But If you just want to press the shutter and get a group or candid shot its not that easy.  I tried a variety of options and found that the auto focus just wasn't that smart.  I was taking candid shots with face detection on using the 27mm 2.8 and found that while it seemed to also find the face, when I later looked at the photos there were just too many where the focal point just didn't make sense (normally with there was 2 or more people at various focal planes).  In using the point auto focus I found that I was able to remedy this and get the correct focus, but for me this didn't cut it.  I wanted a camera that could take great indoor candid shoots which it can, but for the intermediate photography who sometimes just want to release the shutter I wouldn't recommend this camera.

The were also 2 other annoyances that I found:

1. Manual focus by wire - I really miss the direct drive and instant override that the nikon 35mm 1.8 has

2. Flash / Auto shutter -  While I found that fill flash is great, I found that it didn't seem to honor the min shutter speed.  I found I would pop up the flash with the min shutter speed set to 1/60, but the flash wouldn't fire, and the shutter speed chosen would be 1/30

So just one perspective of the X-E2, a great camera, but for someone who wants to put in the effort to pay attention to the settings.  I guess its now time to take a second look at the panasonic and olympus offerings.

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow