Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
john-photoguy
Regular MemberPosts: 467Gear list
Like?
Do you consider A7 a 'pro' camera
11 months ago

I will be the first to admit I have too many cameras.  But the right camera is just the right tool for the job.  So I am drawn to the A7 for lower noise, larger pixels and lower pixel density than the APS-C counterparts.  And I do both studio and location work, and have come to see that for Nikon, the PC flash connection is one of the things that we get on pro cameras.  Also we have PSAM and NOT all those darn scene modes on Pro cameras.

Sony seems to have taken away the scene modes given a nice dial for PSAM,  But where is the PC connection?  It isn't a deal breaker, but sure love just hooking up my strobe to the camera instead of one more adapter.    Wish the NEX-7 had one, instead of the darn Minolta hot shoe.  Who's idea was that anyway?

I think I will have an order in for an A7 this week, just trying to decide which one...

-- hide signature --

Let just all take more photographs!

john-photoguy's gear list:john-photoguy's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D5000 Nikon D300S Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow