Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stein1010
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
E-P5 and shutter shock with the 17mm
3 months ago

So after trying an X-E2 for a couple of weeks I found that I just wasn't happy with the quality of auto focus.  It wasn't just the fact that it was a little slow, but I found it to often to miss-focus with face detection and a group of people.  This now leads me to continue my journey in looking for a camera for taking people photos both indoor and outdoors.  One of the strong contenders is the E-P5, but I can't quite figure out if shutter shock is going to be that big of a issue.  I read some people return the camera because of it and some don't see it at all.

So my question for owners of the 17mm, how prone is is this combination to shutter shock, and is there certain shutter speeds that are more prone?

Also I have seen anything about shutter shock and Panasonic cameras.  Is the GM1 and GX7 less prone then olympus cameras?

Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow