Flat view
PSKR
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Help!!! Totally confused about my purchase :(
3 months ago

Hello everyone

This is my second post in the Nikon forums

Previously, i had asked about the Nikon D610, the Canon 6d and their respective kit lenses.

As i am already investing so much on cameras, i have decided to go a bit further and buy the better bodies.

Now to the topic, i have previously owned a Canon 550D for 3 years, and am looking for an upgrade.
I am not a professional and i do not use my cameras for video.

I want a camera for general photography, capturing some pics at events in my college, family pics, holidays and stuff like that. I am extremely passionate about photography and its probably my biggest hobby. Now,

For the same price, i am getting

Canon 5D Mark iii + EF 24-105mm F4L IS USM, or

Nikon D800 + AFS 24-70mm F2.8G ED

how much is the difference between F4 and F2.8? Will i be better off getting the F4 lens and a couple of primes, or will the F2.8 lens replace all of those? Also, do these DSLRs focus better with the F2.8 lenses? (because of the high precision centre point)

Which dyou think is the better combo, and which would you ( in an unbiased way) recommend for me?

thanks a lot,

Prateek

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Nikon D610 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow