BRPWS
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to 57LowRider, 11 months ago

57LowRider wrote:

Graham Hill wrote:

57LowRider wrote:

I feel that they should be doing better than they are; perhaps they need to capitalise on the most common response from new X system users: "Fuji put the fun back into photography". Their ad people can use that alliterative line and make it theirs, it's no lie.

Fujifilm advertises??

There's the problem. When I was considering a new "proper" camera last year, it was a photo-geek who knew I was looking at Leica (and choking on the price list) who suggested Fuji to me, else I would have missed them out altogether. It turned out to be serendipitous and I feel somewhat blessed. An awful lot of people don't know what they're missing.

They should really target the "old farts with a bit of spare lolly" market, at least, those of us who loved aperture rings and shutter dials of old. Maybe time for another age demographic poll.

This old fart agrees  It is a big market belly or no belly and it is growing in big markets around the world.

I also agree with another poster who talked about advertising (marketing).  Fuji is not strong in the US as far as reaching the masses.  Great products but the message is not really out there.

Mirrorless products in general are making more in camera technological advancements than the Dslr market which seems to be concentrating more on big sensors and the mirrorless market needs to get their message out of the box.  That includes Fuji.  Feature/Benefit.  Why do people want to own a Fuji camera what are the features they like most and what are the benefits of those features.  The retro looks is appealing, but there is a lot going on under the hood and in the lens barrel and they need to talk about it.  What is the old saying?  Put your money where your mouth is. Advertise.

-- hide signature --

Elliot

BRPWS's gear list:BRPWS's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow