I've got my first Wedding coming up, and I need to practice.

Started May 21, 2013 | Questions thread
paulo79
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
Well, when all is said and done
In reply to paulo79, 11 months ago

The big day has been and gone, and conditions where tougher than expected, but I am happy with the results. We were hit with the worst storm of the decade (I've heard some say the past 100 years) the night before the wedding. That helped insure that I got hardly any sleep the night before, and when I was on my way to the job in the morning I found that the road was blocked with blown down trees, but luckily there was an alternative route which had only recently been made which saved the day.

The church had no electricity (cables down), so no heating or lights. The sky was dark with hail and rain, and it was freezing.

The bride and groom never stopped laughing and smiling, and the weather cleared in time to do some outdoor shots, although it was simply too cold to linger, so we got some more back at the hotel.

Equipment wise I used the EM1 with an FL50r and 25mm f1.4 (the big 43 one), and the em5 with 12mm and 75mm with a FL300r. Later on when I could relax I started using the 17.5 f0.95.

I found the EM1 a joy to use thoughout the day, and I used the EM5 a lot more than expected as well. Both were fantastic but I did have the following issues:

• The EM5 battery gripped seemed to reset my settings more than once. Its odd, but I would switch to manual SAF ISO 200, and 2 mins later it would be ISO800 and MF. 
  • The battery level indicators suck. Goes from full green to red with practically nothing in-between.
  •  

I'm still going through the images, but here are a few that I hope you like.

-- hide signature --
 paulo79's gear list:paulo79's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow