Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,347
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to Graham Hill, 6 months ago

Graham Hill wrote:

TThorne wrote:

Fujifilm is like that really innovative and creative spoiled son that is still supported by his father who remains proud of him despite the continuous losses. Big Daddy Fuji Holdings will not let his son go without, and will likely finance his son's adventures forever,

I wish Big Daddy supported Fuji's film division so well. We lost 5 of Fuji's films in 2013. A HUGE loss for film shooters, particularly Provia 400X, the last high speed slide film in existence. Losing Reala 100 was another gut wrenching blow.

I should have been more specific as to digital and their newer ventures, as I know we were actually chatting about the loss of some of their really great film offerings. Sorry about those losses by the way. I know that stinks for you especially as you're shooting more film than digital. I hope they reverse themselves and offer these films again.

not necessarily hoping to turn things around profit/loss wise, but just because he takes so much pride in his kid.

Such pride should reside in their film line. Without that Fujifilm would never have existed.

True.

It is really a very cute and heart warming relationship that makes almost no sense business wise for Fuji. Make no mistake, the support comes from a personal and emotional place.

That being said, let me assure everyone that Fujifilm is not going anywhere. Fuji Holdings is RIDICULOUSLY successful and wealthy, and they will likely always pull Fujifilm up by the bootstraps and let them keep playing. It is really just a drop in the bucket for Big Daddy.

I'm not sure where you get ridiculously profitable from. Apple is ridiculously profitable. Fujifilm Holdings, if memory serves, posted annual losses just a short time ago.

I wasn't aware of the losses (I didn't look), but aren't they pretty wealthy as a whole? I deal with their Film and Television Production divisions and they seem to be made of money, but I don't have specific numbers to back that up.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow