The future for Fuji cameras

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 946Gear list
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to TThorne, 7 months ago

TThorne wrote:

Fujifilm is like that really innovative and creative spoiled son that is still supported by his father who remains proud of him despite the continuous losses. Big Daddy Fuji Holdings will not let his son go without, and will likely finance his son's adventures forever, not necessarily hoping to turn things around profit/loss wise, but just because he takes so much pride in his kid.

It is really a very cute and heart warming relationship that makes almost no sense business wise for Fuji. Make no mistake, the support comes from a personal and emotional place.

That being said, let me assure everyone that Fujifilm is not going anywhere. Fuji Holdings is RIDICULOUSLY successful and wealthy, and they will likely always pull Fujifilm up by the bootstraps and let them keep playing. It is really just a drop in the bucket for Big Daddy.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

The Fuji X-mount and X100 line are nowhere near old enough to make such an assessment. It's more like Fuji is sending the kid off to college, paying for a quality education as an investment.

The metaphors don't work, so I'll drop them. Realistically though, the camera market is changing. Fuji saw an opportunity to develop a mirrorless line and they are building the business through market and product development. They are doing it in a way that Canon and Nikon haven't. After all, they have much to lose in their DSLR market, so dominant players in one market segment are rarely disruptive in another.

Sony and Fuji are both being disruptive and building businesses by loss-leading. It's standard business practice and out of the two of them, I prefer Fuji's approach.

Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow