Started Dec 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Mintzer
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Re: This might provide a perspective
In reply to dark13star, Dec 31, 2013

dark13star wrote:

David Mintzer wrote:

Well it might help if Fuji, when releasing a camera like the X100S made enough of them so that they could meet demand. I know of two people who got tired of waiting for them to become available who ended up buying another brand. Then again, if their financial situation isn't great, perhaps they couldn't take the risk of producing too many cameras.

David,

I don't know if this is true, but I read, in multiple places, that Fuji lost a whole shipment to the US to water damage during shipping, which led to the shortage in the US. I did get a not from Amazon about my order stating that there was a problem with a shipment and my X100S took four weeks from the time I ordered it. It was worth the wait though.

Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

Interesting Rich, this is the first I heard of that.  I know that its often hard to get a Fuji when first released, but this was a bit longer then usual.  I love the camera and it was worth the long wait.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow