Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lester872
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon 6d or 70d?
7 months ago

I am looking for some helpful advice. After many years of wanting, I have finally begun taking photography classes. I currently own a Canon XSi and am looking to upgrade my camera body. Although I hope to eventually make $ doing this, I still have much to learn and am definitely a hobbyist at this point.

The reason for my confusion - I have been saving for a 70d and was certain of my choice because:

1) I don't think it makes any sense for someone at my skill level to spend as much as a FF costs
2). I like the articulating screen and touchscreen
3) I don't want to carry a camera and video camera - video capabilities on the 70d sound impressive

HOWEVER, I have just been offered the opportunity to buy a 6d body for $975. I hadn't considered a FF bc of the cost as it related to my current skill level. Now I struggle with whether it's a better choice to go FF while I can afford it, or stick with the 70d for the reasons I mentioned.

I have 3 kids 12 and under and take sports pics (outdoor/indoor soccer and Jiu Jitsu). But I really enjoy animal photography, portraits and landscape as well. I love natural light, but want to become versed in flash bc I know it will be necessary at times.

In short, I am taking pictures of everything from portraits to zoo wildlife and sports because I'm trying to learn. Very sorry for the lengthy post. Is it worth snatching up a FF while I can afford, or are they not necessarily for everyone?

Thank you for your advice!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow