Started Dec 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
halfmonkey
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
dang!...the glass is still huge on the A7
Dec 31, 2013

I recently visited my local Sony store to check out the A7 and compare it in size to something like the RX1. It is definitely smaller than any other dslr and definitely smaller than the A99 but the available glass for the A7 is not as small as I was expecting nor hoping it would be. They didn't have the 55 1.8 in stock but they had the kit lens for the A7 and the 35mm. Both lenses were huge and really not that much smaller than the lenses for the A99. When you mount the 35mm or the kit lens, it still makes the camera fairly large. Again, I know it's not as large as an A99 but it's definitely not a small camera. The camera body is good size but the lenses are huge. I've heard that the 55mm is also really large. I was hoping that they would be able to make the lenses somewhere around the same size as the RX1.

Although the A7 is smaller, it's not what I would call pocketable like the RX1. I'm still holding out for a 50mm RX1 or RX2 or what ever they call it. I'd like it to be a small camera like the RX1 and be truly pocketable and offer the same awesome image quality as the RX1.

halfmonkey's gear list:halfmonkey's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX1 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow