Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnLL
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Ways we use our XP1s
8 months ago

I am curious to know if my XP-1 setup is being used by others, or if anyone has a better idea. This seems to work for me ...

Camera is set to MF with the AFL-EFL button set to focus lock / switch, so that pressing this button locks focus on whatever the camera was pointing at at the time. Sometimes I need to adjust focus manually if I don't believe what the distance scale is reading. I have tried focus peaking and magnified view - and they work OK for me - but really don't feel I need them very often.

Exposure is measured as usual with the half button press and away we go ... this allows me to not worry about focus again unless I change my position or the subject changes his/her/its (position).

For normal lighting conditions I am generally using P mode for exposure (auto on both aperture and shutter), while keeping half an eye on what the camera is choosing and sometimes a little EC. For backlight and other less usual situations I tend to use aperture priority, with EC as needed.

I set ISO manually (as low as I dare). I shoot RAW all the time and use CaptureOne for processing. I have been very happy with the results of all this, at least from a technical IQ point of view. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome.

-- hide signature --

John

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow