Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris 1
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Is Best Buy driving the camera market?
10 months ago

Stopped by the camera display while in BB today.  There was a young woman shopping the NEX 5T.  I mean actively wanting to see that camera specifically.  The sales person immediately steered her away from the NEX to the Sony DSCHX300 saying it was his favorite camera and that's the one he wanted for himself.

At least here in my neck of the woods except for the Sony store and BB, there are pretty much no other stores where you can lay your hands on a NEX that I'm aware of.  And this ain't just about the NEX.  I've seen an OMD, once.. a guy had it around his neck at the Hertz counter in Ft Lauderdale.  I resisted going up to him and asking him if I could "hold" it but I really wanted to.  I've never seen any Fujifilm X camera anywhere. I dont know if Sony sells at lot of the cameras at their stores.  But when I went in, there was no signage that I recall saying "HEY we got NEX and A7 cameras in here and you need one!"

I get lots of compliments on my 5N, you know when someone offers to take a picture of you. They invariably say, wow that's a cool camera.

It's not that americans don't want mirrorless, they just don't know about them.  The companies have done a poor job in this country of getting the word out.  If Sony's marketing strategy is to depend on the guy in the blue shirt.. well, I don't think they've thought this through.

Chris 1's gear list:Chris 1's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 J1 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow