ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nnotts
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Pentax K30 issues, do I change camera?
7 months ago

Hi,

I bought a Pentax K30 with 18-55 wr lens before xmas as our 1st dslr, previously having had an old fuji bridge camera with approx 7MP.

I was expecting using the auto settings and scene settings to see a big increase in image quality and to be honest its not as good as I was expecting.

I'm getting a lot of images that are quite dark, and AF which seems to miss the target usually one of our dogs which is standing reasonably still, even though the shutter speed is high. Using AWB in cloudy daylight, colours particularly pinks and purples that are coming out too bright.

All of the above seems to be common to all photos taken using both auto and scene modes.

Its also a shared camera and oh, is not impressed with the shutter noise and the AF noise either.

I've been considering cutting my losses, as I got such a good deal I wouldn't lose much if I traded it in, but I'd like a similar level of control (2 wheels) which means I have been considering if its worth spending a bit more and getting an end of line canon 60d or nikon d7000.

I'd welcome your thoughts

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D7000 Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow