Started Dec 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,588
Like?
My experience with the Fujifilm Repair Team
Dec 31, 2013

First of all Happy New Year to everyone.

I would like to share my experience with the Fujifilm repair team in the UK, because I think we should report here negative and positive experiences with companies.

I have an X-Pro1 which I do not use much, although I like it very much. Recently, I saw that there was a firmware update and decided to apply it. But, I realised that something was wrong. The arrow keys at the back were not working...

So, on Friday the 20th of December I sent it to Fujifilm for an estimation of the cost (the camera was out of warranty). I paid for next day delivery so they received it on Monday 23rd. On the 24th of December (Christmas Eve!) I receive an email that the camera has been sent back to me. I thought that maybe they could not fix it. Of course the next two days (25th and 26th) are holidays in the UK, so I received the camera two days later on Saturday 28th... It was extremely well packaged, and when I opened the box I found my camera with a note saying that:

a) They are very sorry my camera developed a problem

b) That they replaced the rear cover of the camera

c) That they did an additional 20+ checks to verify the camera is ok

And, all that with no charge! So basically they fixed and send back my camera in 24 hours in the middle of the Chrsitmas period, and all with no charge although I was prepared to pay for it.

I do not know if it was the Christmas spirit and I was lucky, but I consider this a first class service. Well done to Fujifilm, I am very impressed and I will continue to invest in their products.

FYI, I have no relationship with Fujifilm and my main camera is not a Fujifilm, I just thought that it makes sense to share my experience with the forum.

Happy New Year!

Best, D

Edit: I say that the camera was out of warranty because I bought it more than a year ago. I do not remember if the original warranty was one year or more, but in the form I wrote that it was out of warranty.

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow