The future for Fuji cameras

Started Dec 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
dark13star
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: This might provide a perspective
In reply to Chris Dodkin, Dec 31, 2013

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Based on the sales numbers, we'd say that Fuji are currently trying to cross the chasm - you see them injecting the market with body+lens deals to get the adoption rate up, building momentum to try and cross the chasm and get to that mainstream (majority) adoption phase.

I agree. They are crossing the chasm and from what I can see of their execution strategy, they are doing it well.

I launch technologies for a living (web based) and I've seen great success, transforming entire industries, and I've seen failure. Even worse, I've seen failure of excellent technologies because the companies didn't have the guts and commitment to stick to their strategy of crossing the chasm. I've seen great technologies languish to the dismay of the early adopters, just because current business needs changed and investment was scaled back.

I think Fuji is investing well. I also like their use of roadmaps to inspire confidence. I've used them as well. There is always the tradeoff between revealing innovation to competitors and building confidence in the market so people will buy. Fuji's roadmap was part of what helped me switch from Sony Nex. I knew the lenses I wanted were coming, even if they weren't here yet, and I was confident Fuji would deliver them (if not always on time).

Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow