Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,569Gear list
Like?
This NEW DPR Video Sponsored by Sony tells us alot
8 months ago

Sony clearly paid to have this made it is sponsored content done by DPR.

http://youtu.be/vA7e-Xl4FyM

What does this tell us:

• SLT is still a current technology they are not getting rid of it in 2014
  • a-mount is still a part of the plan for Sony
  • A77 is being replaced before the A99

What I also think I see (Opinion based on my work experience and training in product management)

• This video is posted at end of Holiday shopping season so may be the first part of a coming new a-mount SLT campaign for Q1. Watch CES/PMA
  • I have also noted in my manger ads that the barrage of A7 ads pushed to me, are being replaced with other brands.. meaning Sony has stopped paying top $$ for premium exposure over other photographic ads. Ad play is often a bidding scale the high bidder gets seen more. So the A7 camera push may be winding down for the next release cycle
  • A77/A65 is being replaced sooner than later as it would have been the perfect camera for this, but they feature the new A58 and A99
  • With a99 prices holding steady that suggests to me it is staying in place for a while and that the next FF a-mount will be MORE expensive with 36 MP. Keeping the A99 where it price wise will support a higher prices for the newer camera.  And Sony will push its self higher into the Pro / Advanced SLR style camera market.
-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow