Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,134Gear list
Like?
This NEW DPR Video Sponsored by Sony tells us alot
10 months ago

Sony clearly paid to have this made it is sponsored content done by DPR.

http://youtu.be/vA7e-Xl4FyM

What does this tell us:

• SLT is still a current technology they are not getting rid of it in 2014
  • a-mount is still a part of the plan for Sony
  • A77 is being replaced before the A99

What I also think I see (Opinion based on my work experience and training in product management)

• This video is posted at end of Holiday shopping season so may be the first part of a coming new a-mount SLT campaign for Q1. Watch CES/PMA
  • I have also noted in my manger ads that the barrage of A7 ads pushed to me, are being replaced with other brands.. meaning Sony has stopped paying top $$ for premium exposure over other photographic ads. Ad play is often a bidding scale the high bidder gets seen more. So the A7 camera push may be winding down for the next release cycle
  • A77/A65 is being replaced sooner than later as it would have been the perfect camera for this, but they feature the new A58 and A99
  • With a99 prices holding steady that suggests to me it is staying in place for a while and that the next FF a-mount will be MORE expensive with 36 MP. Keeping the A99 where it price wise will support a higher prices for the newer camera.  And Sony will push its self higher into the Pro / Advanced SLR style camera market.
-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow