Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trazan
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
First trip outside with D800 and 24/1.4G
7 months ago

I haven't taken any pictures in ages, and the last time I bought any camera equipment was 12 years ago. The D100 was collecting dust. I found a couple of reasons to give myself a Christmas gift: to be able to do music related videos (I'm a musician) and to get a good excuse to walk this body of mine more often outside the house So I got a D800, Nikkor 24/1.4 and a SmallHD DP4 field monitor for video work.

As of now I'm just enjoying the hell out of the IQ and low light capabilities compared to my old D100, taking shots of whatever I'm close to.

I've already realized that I need a macro and a tele (or 70-200). The macro to be able to find interesting subjects no matter how boring the weather/nature/surroundings might be, and the tele/zoom for concerts and candid shots of the human species.

So I hauled myself to an abandoned factory area nearby and snapped away. I have no idea whether these are pointless shots to others, I just like taking them!

Trazan's gear list:Trazan's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +1 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon D100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow