The future for Fuji cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Robert Garcia NYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,047Gear list
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to NTNphoto, 11 months ago

NTNphoto wrote:

I truly wish they would at least give the option of a Bayer X-E2 or a XP1. The X-trans, to me, is not worth the extra grief. You can get good results with them, but for me I find the images require too much massaging in raw to do much in the way of bulk editing. I bet the results of the X-M1 and X-A1 are very similar so I'm really thinking what people love about the rendering has lots to do with Fuji's processing of color and not the sensor so much.

I don't think X trans adds anything that Bayer couldn't do and it creates extra problems. Sure you can work around them, but really what's the point when they could just put in a Bayer.

The form factor is excellent, the lenses are excellent, their spirit of continuing firmware upgrades is great, the size, and the jpeg engine is excellent. I think a lot of the fuji colors we like are from their jpeg engine and the lenses' color rendering so put a solid Bayer sensor without a AA in and these cameras are a force to be reckoned with. I know I would continue buying into the Fuji system if they did as of right now I'm not buying anymore lenses or cameras despite really wanting that 23mm 1.4 and the new 56 1.2 coming.

+1 Yes, all about the color engine (lenses) they need to simply the post processing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow